GetYourGuide is the booking platform for incredible travel experiences. Powered by a global team of over 400 travel experts, GetYourGuide helps travelers find the best things to do wherever they’re headed. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from more than 155 countries have booked over 15 million tours, activities and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. The company is based in Berlin, Germany and has offices in 14 countries around the world.
As a Reliability Engineer in DevOps, you will be part of an empowered team that plays a key part in building, automating and enhancing our cloud and container-based infrastructure. You will work closely together with engineers from other teams and help them to successfully run their code on the platform we provide.
The DevOps infrastructure team plays a central role in scaling, automating and managing core parts of our cloud-based infrastructure. We act as "engineers for the engineers," helping others understand and leverage the architecture and platform underlying their features. We are currently moving to a modern, container-based microservice architecture. We use technologies such as AWS, Linux, Nginx, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Build and scale our cloud-based infrastructure including managing our Kubernetes clusters, logging pipelines and databases
- Ensure high availability of production and pre-production systems
- Develop software that helps with our automation and handles autoscaling and failure recovery
- Actively drive initiatives towards better system design and implementation of new technologies.
- Champion our operations culture and help the engineering organization deliver high availability services for our customers.
- Experience in Linux operating systems and shell scripting
- Strong coding skills in at least one programming language. We use Python, Scala and PHP among others
- Experience with automating system and server management using tools like Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
- Good understanding of distributed systems, networking and container technology
- Have worked with public cloud environments like aws, preferably on large scale deployments. Ideally in a couple of different organizations
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English
- Skilled with performance benchmarking and diagnostic tools
- Problem solver with strong operations skills that can quickly diagnose and pinpoint issues in a production environment
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers' travel dreams into reality!