To complement its growing team, Verity Studios is looking for a Qt/C++ front end software engineer to design and develop user friendly and responsive user interfaces for Verity's indoor drone systems.
To complement its growing team, Verity Studios is looking for an experienced Qt/C++ front end software engineer to design and develop user friendly and responsive user interfaces for Verity's indoor drone systems. Designing user interfaces for drone systems requires addressing new and challenging problems such as visualizing and manipulating complex 3D data for system calibration and choreography design, providing usable and actionable feedback about the status of hundreds of drones, and defining smart interfaces to promptly interact with the drones and the other system components during a show.
Verity’s indoor drone shows have travelled the world. Our drones perform in high profile events and have flown in more than 20 countries. Having toured with Metallica and Drake, mastered the high seas in cruise ship theaters, run 400 shows on Broadway, and flown above audiences at corporate events, our technology has proven itself on the toughest testing grounds. Behind the scenes, the magic is fueled by cutting-edge robotics and AI technologies. Our indoor drone show system has been engineered from the ground up with safety and reliability in mind, enabling a single operator to safely manage and fly dozens – or even hundreds – of drones in a high-pressure stage environment.
Our software team works on a multitude of challenging and interesting tasks, such as implementing drivers for proprietary embedded platform, defining robust and efficient communication protocols, designing algorithms to retrieve, process, and analyze significant amount of data, and implementing graphical user interfaces for control stations.
Based in the center of Zurich Oerlikon, we are entrepreneurs, engineers, artists, live events professionals, mathematicians, and designers; all working as one. Our recent $18 million series A funding round has paved the way for our further expansion. Come join us!
• Design and develop robust and responsive user interfaces for advanced robotic systems
• Participate in all the stages of the development process, including requirements elicitation, design, implementation, testing, review, documentation, and deployment
• Interact with other engineering teams to define and review design documents
• Interact with back end engineers to define the interfaces between back ends and front ends
• Interact with user experience designers to understand and trade off ease of use and ease of implementation to develop user-friendly and intuitive user interfaces
• Design general purpose libraries that can be used across Verity's code base
• University degree in a relevant field
• Proven track record in designing and developing industrial-grade graphical user interfaces
• Excellent knowledge of C++ and STL
• Excellent knowledge of Qt. Knowledge of other user interface and 3D SW libraries is a plus
• Solid knowledge of software engineering principles
• In-depth understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Creative approach to problem solving
• Familiar with GDB and other debugging and program analysis tools
• Experience in Python and modern C++ is a plus
• Team player and self-driven
• Good written and spoken English language skills
• Work in an interdisciplinary, highly-skilled team
• Create ground-breaking systems, used by some of the world’s most prominent stage productions
• Shape the culture and have a significant impact in a rapidly growing young company